In 2015 Zion Celebrated 200 years
Originating from St. Georges chapel, the ruins of which are west of Charles Town, Zion Episcopal Church, known as the "English Church," was established in its current location in 1815. In 2015 we offered a year-long festival commemorating Zion's ministry in the Charles Town community. Over the course of the year, former rector's, parishioners, and others returned home to observe the momentous occasion for multiple events. Events included the publishing of a new book about the history of Zion, a presentation by Theologian and Civil Rights Activist Ruby Sales, and many other events throughout the year. All culminated on November 1st, with a rededication of Zion by Bishop Klusmeyer.